Note from Sensei:
Melissa Eguchi Song – I taught for seven years in the Sunnyvale School District in the 1st through 5th grades. I started teaching at Gakko in 2010 with Mizuno Sensei in the 5th/6th grade class and moved to 2nd grade in 2012. It’s such a fun class to teach because it’s all art and eating! I was in the very first Gakko class when I was in the 3rd grade and now my kids are going through the program! I love to spend any extra time I have wandering around Target, playing with my kids, and crafting.
In the 2nd grade class it’s important to wear tennis shoes and play type clothes. We work with paint and dye, so make sure you leave the nice clothes at home.
- Please provide snack and water for child daily.
- Colored Pencils or Crayons
- Plain pencils (2)
- Pencil sharpener
- Watercolor set
- Elmer’s Glue
- Glue stick
- Pencil Box (Labeled with above items in it)
- Shoe box (cardboard/plastic or a container in similar size) to organize ongoing classroom projects
- Sanitizing hand wipes
Mon (Japanese Family Crest):
- 5-inch Mon (Japanese family crest) –You can email this to kokoronogakkowatsonville@ gmail.com if that is easier. If you do not have a mon, you may choose one you like. See the Frequently Asked Questions page for mon ideas
Open House Performance:
- Please have children wear white top, solid color pants, any color headband (like a chef).
- Performance Song/Script can be found on Music Program page.