Note from Sensei:
Debbe Houshiyama Chan – Taught in Pajaro Valley Unified School District for 32 years, teaching kindergarten, 1st, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, and art and music. She has been with Gakko since its inception, and teaching at Gakko for 25 years. Her hobbies are arts, crafts, guitar, singing, NBA basketball, and walking her dogs.
We do give homework in kindergarten and ask that an adult help the student to complete each assignment. We also include informational handouts to help families understand what the student is learning each day.
- Please provide snack and water for child daily.
- Plain pencils
- Colored pencils
- Pen set
- Watercolor set
- Elmer’s Glue
- Glue stick
- Pencil Box (Labeled with above items in it)
Mon (Japanese Family Crest):
- 4-inch Mon (Japanese family crest) –You can email this to kokoronogakkowatsonville@ gmail.com if that is easier. If you do not have a mon, you may choose one you like. See the Frequently Asked Questions for mon ideas
Prefecture of Japan:
- Provide prefecture of Japan where family is from. If you do not know pick an area of interest
Open House Performance:
- Please have children wear a bright, solid color shirt or t-shirt, and pants or leggings of any color.
- Performance Song/Script can be found on Music Program page.